Mold has the potential to cause serious health problems. Mold is often found growing in the nooks and crannies of a house. Sunrise will detect mold growing in your home, test it, and report the results to you so you can decide what do about it.
A mold report can be invaluable to you in many ways, not the least of which is medically. While mold is common in Southern California, it can cause many medical conditions that vary from mild discomfort to life threatening illness. Be informed! Click here to read more about mold related illness.
Do you or someone in you family suffer from unexplained illness or unexplainable allergy symptoms? Or have you had a water leak or water damage? If the answer is yes, then you may need a mold inspection of your property. At Sunrise, our mold inspectors can quickly and efficiently detect, test and identify the presence of mold on your premises.
How Long Will It Take?
Inspection for mold is a multi-step process. First, Sunrise will perform an inspection of the area to determine if samples are needed. If so, samples are collected and sent to a nationally-recognized testing laboratory for analysis. This typically takes several days. Once the results are concluded, you will be provided with a full report, discussing and describing all findings.
Mold Health Issues
Mold, Mildew, & Fungi can grow both indoors and outdoors. They are most often present in moist, dark places (bathroom, basement, leaves, mulch, and curtains). You do not have to touch them to cause symptoms because they reproduce by sending tiny spores into the air.
Inhaling the spores can cause allergy symptoms.
You and your doctor can decide which avoidance measures are best for you. Some things you can do to decrease your exposure to mold, mildew, and fungi are listed below:
- Keep bathrooms, kitchens and basements well ventilated.
- Check your home for water damage and promptly repair leaking pipes and replace molded carpet.
- Keep the humidity in your home between 0-50 percent. Monitor the humidity levels in your home with a humidity level gauge.
- Use a dehumidifier in damp areas in the house. Clean the unit weekly, since mold and mildew can grow in the water that the dehumidifier collects.
- Check the refrigerator for mold, mildew and growth. Throw out spoiled food and check for pooled water. Many older refrigerators have a drawer under the refrigerator to collect water. Clean this weekly.
- If your refrigerator is self-defrosting, empty the water pans weekly and clean with mold preventing solution.
What is Allergen Testing?
Sunrise Inspections can perform allergen testing of your home or office to detect the presence of allergens inside your property. Examples are pet hair, dander, dust or other common substances that people with allergies can be sensitive to. If the previous owners had pets, or if the property has been vacant and unkept for a period of time, and you or your family members have allergies, an allergen test by Sunrise could save a great deal of discomfort. The ideal time to find this out is prior to purchase, but if unexplained allergic reactions are occurring after moving into a property, Sunrise can inspect to try and identify the cause.
How Long Will It Take?
Testing for allergens is a multi-step process. First, Sunrise will collect samples from the premises. These samples are sent to a nationally recognized testing laboratory for analysis. Once the results are concluded, you will be provided with a full report, discussing and describing the findings.